How to Become a Security Guard in Missouri
In the state of Missouri, there are no requirements on the state level to become an armed or unarmed security guard. However, there are standard requirements that are typically met by hiring agencies across the state.
Unarmed Security Guard Requirements in Missouri
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or the equivalency.
- The applicant cannot have any felony convictions or any prior crime involvement with the illegal use of weapons.
Armed Security Guard Requirements in Missouri
- The applicant must be at least 21 years old.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a registered resident alien.
- The applicant must successfully pass a background check that may include drug testing.
- The applicant must have a Missouri state driver’s license.
- The applicant must be in good physical condition.
- The applicant must be mentally stable.
- The applicant cannot have any drug dependency.
- The applicant cannot have prior convictions of fraud.
- A weapons permit is required as well as proof of firearms training and safety from a certified instructor.
To learn more about the requirements to become a security guard, visit SecurityGuardTrainingHQ.com.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a security guard in Missouri, contact Security Resources today at 877-477-9638.