How to Become a Security Guard in Indiana
Indiana is the 16th most populous state. Home to many colleges and historical landmarks, Indiana is a great place for aspiring security guards. The Indiana Private Investigator and Security Guard Licensing Board manages security guard licensing in the Hoosier State.
Unarmed Security Guard Requirements in Indiana
To become an unarmed security guard in Indiana, applicants must:
- already have gained employment with an Indiana licensed security guard agency
- be at least 18 years old
- not have been convicted or a felony, sexual offense, or crime that would question the integrity and honesty of the person
- meet and maintain qualifications set forth by the board
- provide employer with a set of passport-style photos
- provide employer with a set of fingerprints on a standard FBI fingerprint card (note: the date on the card must match the date of hire)
There is no required security guard training; your employer’s agency must be licensed. There are no fees to become an unarmed security guard in Indiana.
Armed Security Guard Requirements in Indiana
To become an armed security guard in Indiana, applicants must follow the above requirements with one additional requirement: applicants must be at least 21 years old. Again, there is no security guard training required; your employer must be licensed. There are no fees to become an armed security guard in Indiana.
Don’t wait to pursue a rewarding career as a security guard in Indiana. Apply to begin your new career path today. Once you’ve completed security guard requirements in Indiana, Security Resources is always searching for new talent to join our team. Contact Security Resources today for more information.
Licensing Body: Indiana Private Investigator & Security Guard Licensing Board
Law: Indiana Code 25-30