“How to Become a Security Guard in Mississippi”
In Mississippi, there are no requirements set forth to become an armed or unarmed security guard on the state level. There are typical requirements that hiring companies have set, and there are some requirements for an armed guard to carry a firearm on city and county levels.
Unarmed Security Guard Requirements in Mississippi
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or the equivalency.
- The applicant cannot have any felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons.
Armed Security Guard Requirements in Mississippi
- The applicant must be at least 21 years old.
- The applicant must be a U.S. citizen or registered resident alien.
- The applicant must successfully pass a background check including drug testing.
- The applicant must have a Mississippi driver’s license.
- The applicant must be in good physical condition.
- The applicant must be mentally stable.
- The applicant cannot have any present or past drug use or dependence.
- The applicant cannot have a record of fraud or convictions.
- The applicant must have a weapons permit.
- The applicant must show proof of firearms training and safety from a certified instructor.
To learn more about becoming a security guard, visit SecurityGuardTrainingHQ.com.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a security guard in Mississippi, contact Security Resources today at 877-477-9638.